6 Best Cheap Gin Brands (Updated 2023)
Are you looking for an affordable Gin brand? Stick around as we share a list of the best cheap gins under $30 below.
Gin is one of the more versatile spirits that you can have in your home. Whether you’re making your favorite gin and tonic or even a dry martini, gin should always be present in your home.
Thankfully, we’ve found a number of the best cheap gins out there, allowing you to have some classic bottles without breaking the bank.
Best Cheap Gin Under $30
1. Gordon’s London Dry Gin – $16.99
This is one of the most established gin brands and companies around the world, having been around in the business for over 250 years. You can find this at just around $10 to $20 depending on where you buy it for a 1-liter bottle.
This has a juniper-forward taste that gives way to rosewater, something that’s quite surprising in the best way possible. Other botanicals that elevate this flavor profile include some sweet citrus and fresh pine, with some notes even tasting like pepper and coriander, even.
- Gordon’s London Dry Gin is a classic and well-known gin that is popular for use in a variety of cocktails.
- The gin has a clean and crisp taste with notes of juniper, making it easy to mix with other ingredients.
- Some customers may find the flavor profile of Gordon’s London Dry Gin too basic or lacking in complexity.
We imagine this being perfect for highballs and even a mixer for cocktails. Of course, it holds its own ground in a martini.
2. Gilbey’s Gin Traveler – $9.49
Another London-style gin you’ll find on this list is Gilbey’s Gin Traveler. This is a straightforward gin that has a classic gin taste and smooth mouthfeel that’s packed with flavor. On the onset, you can taste and smell juniper, as you should.
More than the juniper, however, there’s a sweetness that seems to come from berries, and the scent of pine wafts through the nose. The taste highlights citrusy notes, perhaps leaning almost toward the use of oranges within, with some coriander spice thrown in.
- Gilbey’s Gin Traveler is an affordable and easy-to-find gin that is suitable for use in a variety of cocktails.
- The gin has a smooth and light taste with notes of juniper and citrus, making it easy to mix with other ingredients.
- The product may not be the best option for those looking for a premium or high-end gin with a more complex flavor profile.
With its fruity notes, this gin blend might be best for mixers and fruity drinks for that refreshing taste.
3. Hadley & Sons Gin – $13.99
To say that the Hadley & Sons Gin is refreshing may just be an understatement. With an emphasis on botanicals such as citrus and cucumber, this will give you a bright and crisp taste that’s smooth and straightforward as it comes.
The juniper flavor is definitely there, but the alcohol content is just a tad higher at 46%. Although this may be the case, what makes Hadley & Sons works is that it marries citrus and floral notes perfectly, with some rose notes that will leave a lovely taste in your mouth.
- Hadley & Sons Gin is a premium and high-quality gin that is well-regarded by gin enthusiasts.
- The gin is made using a combination of 11 botanicals, resulting in a complex and nuanced flavor profile with notes of juniper, citrus, and spice.
- Some customers may find the flavor profile of Hadley & Sons Gin too mild in flavor for their liking.
If you’re familiar with Hendrick’s Gin, Hadley & Sons comes a close second. Whether you’re drinking it on the rocks or with some tonic, this is one gin you shouldn’t miss out on.
4. New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin -$11.99
The New Amsterdam Stratusphere Gin clocks in at under $20, making this one of the most affordable gin brands on this list. If you want to move away from London-style dry gins, this is a great alternative that shows you Western-style gins.
- New Amsterdam Gin has a unique flavor profile that includes notes of orange, lime, and vanilla, making it stand out from other gins.
- The gin has received high praise from The Tasting Panel, with a score of 95 points in 2017.
- The product offers a modern take on the traditional 400-year-old gin-making process.
- Some customers may find the flavor profile of New Amsterdam Gin is lacking in juniper flavor.
A more modern take on gins, this brand has a sharp and strong flavor that’s filled with botanicals such as citrus, but this isn’t quite as heavy on the juniper. The sweetness of the orange peel wafts through the notes, giving way to some earthiness afterward with some herbal notes. Pair this with some fruit juice and you’re good to go.
5. Beefeater London Dry Gin – $17.79
This is one of the world’s most awarded gin and while it retails just above $17 for a 750-ml bottle, we think this is still quite cheap considering the accolades it holds in the world of gin. One of the more flavorful gins out there, with this quite heavy on the juniper, also gives way to a sweetness that’s balanced with some earthiness.
- Beefeater London Dry Gin is the world’s most awarded gin, with a reputation for maximum flavor in every bottle.
- The gin is made with a lovely array of botanicals, including angelica root and seeds, juniper, coriander seeds, almonds, licorice, Seville oranges, lemon peel, and orris root, resulting in a complex and nuanced flavor profile.
- Some customers may find the flavor profile of Beefeater London Dry Gin too intense or overpowering for their liking.
There are complementary notes of citrus and florals in the mix. Botanicals such as almonds, anise, and licorice also make it quite pleasant on the nose. Beefeater’s unique selling point seems to lie in its versatility, where its floral notes become more prominent in say, a martini, while its strength is likewise maintained in a classic gin and tonic pairing.
6. Plymouth Gin – $29.09
Plymouth Gin is one of the spirits that have a very balanced and seamless flavor profile. While the juniper flavor profile makes itself known, this is toned down by botanicals such as angelica and orris roots. These lend the gin to have a creamy sweetness that paves the way for some vanilla notes, eventually opening up to a lighter, citrusy flavor.
- Plymouth Gin is distilled using a blend of seven exotic botanicals, soft Dartmoor water, and pure grain alcohol, resulting in a smooth and citrus-flavored gin.
- The gin is ideally balanced, making it easy to enjoy over ice with tonic and a twist of lemon or to use in classic cocktails such as a dry martini or gimlet.
- Plymouth Gin makes for a great gift for special occasions, and the brand has an ongoing partnership with the Ocean Conservation Trust to protect precious habitats on our planet.
- The product may not be widely available in all regions, as it is sold through select retailers and may not be available in some countries.
This does, however, err on the side of caution when it comes to the pine note and flavor, making it perfect for gin beginners who are just starting out on their journey. The gin has a sweetness to it that complements the cardamom notes, even punctuating the dry coriander in it.
Having the best cheap gins in your arsenal is certainly a power move that helps you enjoy your favorite cocktails and gin and tonics any time of the week. With these affordable options, you can save money while still getting the flavor profiles you need at the same time.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many great value-for-money gins available, but some of the most popular ones include Beefeater London Dry Gin, Bombay Sapphire, and Tanqueray London Dry Gin. Beefeater is a classic gin that has been around since the 1800s and is known for its balanced flavor and affordable price. Bombay Sapphire is a premium gin that is still relatively affordable and is known for its complex and aromatic flavor profile. Tanqueray London Dry Gin is another classic gin that is known for its smooth and crisp taste and is often recommended as a great value-for-money option.
Bombay Sapphire is not considered a cheap gin, but it is also not the most expensive gin on the market. It is a premium gin that is priced higher than many of the more basic gins, but it is still relatively affordable compared to some of the more high-end gins. The price of Bombay Sapphire can vary depending on the location and the size of the bottle, but it typically falls in the mid-range price category.
There are many great brands of gin available, but some of the most popular ones include Hendrick’s Gin, The Botanist Islay Dry Gin, and Monkey 47 Gin. Hendrick’s Gin is known for its unique flavor profile that includes the use of cucumber and rose petals, while The Botanist Islay Dry Gin is made with foraged botanicals from the Scottish island of Islay and has a complex and herbaceous flavor. Monkey 47 Gin is a German gin that is made with 47 botanicals and is known for its smooth and complex taste. Other popular gin brands include Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire, and Beefeater.
6 Best Budget Gin Brands
Check out this list of the best budget gin brands to try!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Drinks
- Pick your favorite gin
- Click on the link to visit the website
- Buy items from your local store or online
- Enjoy and share on social media!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 0g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: best budget gin
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!