Hot and Fast Brisket Recipe
Want to learn how to cook a delicious brisket quickly? Here’s a Hot and Fast Brisket recipe that is quick and easy to make. The brisket comes out tender and flavorful. Learn how by following the steps below.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 hrs
- Total Time: 5 hrs
- Yield: 15 servings 1x
- Category: Meat
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: Meal
- 1 brisket (10-14 pounds)
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasoning
- Hardwood lump charcoal or fruitwood chunks for fuel
- Apple cider vinegar
- Choose the right brisket with a good amount of marbling and a thick flat and well-defined point.
- Trim the brisket, season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat your smoker to 325°F with hardwood lump charcoal or fruitwood chunks.
- Cook the brisket for two hours, then wrap it in a double layer of foil and spritz it with apple cider vinegar.
- Place the brisket back on the smoker and continue cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 200-205°F.
- Remove the brisket from the smoker and let it rest for at least 30 minutes
- Slice it against the grain and serve.
- Choose USDA Prime or Choice grade briskets for the best results.
- Pay attention to the weight of the brisket, and aim for 10-14 pounds.
- Grass-fed beef may have a different flavor profile than grain-fed beef, so choose a brisket that suits your taste preferences.
- Use a sharp knife for slicing against the grain.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: Hot and Fast Brisket