How to Reheat Crab Legs? Learn 4 Best Methods
Do you want to learn how to reheat crab legs? We share the 4 best methods to reheat this delicious seafood in this article.
Ask any seafood connoisseur to list his/her top food choices and there’s a fair chance that they would include crab legs on their list. Soft, salty, and squishy, there’s something heavenly about this delicacy.
Sure, although eating crab legs requires extra effort on your part, twisting them a bit and pulling them off to squeeze the meat proves to be a rewarding experience.
However, no matter how dreamy this food might be, it’s still possible to have too much of a good thing. If you’ve reached the top of your “full” meter and can’t manage another bite, it’s best to save your plate of crab legs for later.
Here, we’ve prepared a comprehensive guide that will help you discover how to properly store and reheat crab legs. Learn the top tricks and tips to serve this mouthwatering dish just as marvelously as the first time you enjoyed it. Read on.
How to Reheat Crab Legs
Generally, there are four ways to reheat cooked crab legs. Specifically, you can steam them, boil them, microwave them, or grill them.
Depending on which method you prefer, you’ll need to know the proper way to reheat crab legs so they will still taste as tender, mouthwatering, and fresh as when you first cooked them.
1. How to Reheat Crab Legs on the Stove
The last thing you want to do is spend time cooking crab legs only to have them turn out soggy and chewy. So, if you are looking to reheat some crab legs on the stove, here are some tips on how to do it perfectly every time!
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Place a steamer over the water. Make sure to leave a gap between them.
- Cover the pot.
- Wait for the water to boil.
- Place crab legs in the steamer and then cover with a lid.
- Wait for six to eight minutes
- Retrieve the legs using tongs and then serve.
2. How to Reheat Crab Legs in the Microwave
Many people are looking for ways to enjoy seafood without having to turn on the oven. Crab legs can be reheated in the microwave in just minutes.
Follow these to reheat crab legs in the microwave:
- Wrap a bundle of crab legs (ideally 2 to 3 legs) with a damp towel.
- Cover the paper towel using plastic wrap. Seal well.
- Place the bundle in the microwave.
- Heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bundle. Unwrap and then serve.
3. How to Reheat Crab Legs on the Grill
Reheating crab legs on the barbeque grill is a great way to get a tasty, smokey flavor. Just make sure you don’t overcook them or they’ll become tough and chewy.
Follow these steps to learn how to reheat crab legs on the grill:
- Wrap a bundle of crab legs (ideally 2 to 3 legs) using aluminum foil.
- Place the bundle on the grill.
- Heat for about 10 minutes using indirect heat.
- Remove the legs from the foil.
- Cook the legs for another five minutes (each side).
- Serve and enjoy.
4. How to Reheat Crab Legs in the Air Fryer
Crab legs can be a popular dish for a dinner party. Trying to reheat crab legs in the oven can result in unevenly cooked crab. An air fryer is a great alternative for reheating crab legs to ensure they are uniformly cooked and ready to eat in no time.
- Preheat the air fryer to 365° F (185° C).
- Spray cooking oil into the air fryer basket (or coat with nonstick spray).
- Add crab legs to the basket, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Carefully remove the crab legs from the air fryer.
- Serve with dipping sauce or lemon wedges.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Crab Legs?
It’s hardly possible to talk about seafood without the mention of crabs. Prized for their soft, delicate, and sweet taste, crabs are among the most popular seafood worldwide. Their legs, especially, are favored for their sweet, subtly briny flavor.
To eat crabs, you’ll need a good allowance of patience. Unlike other food, you can’t simply take the legs from the plate and shove them directly in your mouth. Instead, you’ll have to break each leg into two parts by cracking them at the joint.
Take one leg and then gently bend it back and forth using both hands until the shell breaks. Let the meat slide from the cracked shell and enjoy it to your heart’s content.
Often, they come with melted butter and lemon wedges on the side. You can squeeze the lemon juice over the crab meat or dip the meat in melted butter for a better eating experience.
How to Store Crab Legs
In case you made the mistake of preparing too many crab legs, your best bet is to store them in the refrigerator to save them for later. To do so, simply put the cooked crab in a dish with saran wrap over the top. Put ice on top of the wrap and then refrigerate.
Meanwhile, if you plan to eat your leftovers at a much later time (more than 2 days after cooking), the best course of action is to put them in the freezer. Doing so will preserve them for up to three months. You can place them in freezer bags or airtight plastic containers before putting them in the freezer.
The Bottom Line
Don’t let your leftover crab legs go to waste! After all, not only are they expensive, but they also offer tons of health benefits, so its best to enjoy the most of this delicacy while you can.
Be sure to enjoy each piece of your favorite crab legs recipe with the same sweet taste and tender texture by following these proper reheating methods.
Serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Crab Legs in the Oven
Did you know that you can reheat crab legs in the oven? It is an easy and convenient way to reheat leftover crab legs from the comfort of your home.
Learn how to reheat crab legs in the oven by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Category: Reheat
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Meal
- Crab Legs
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil
- Place crab legs evenly on the baking sheet
- Bake the crab legs for about 10 minutes
- Then flip over the crab legs and bake for another 5 minutes
- If you have not reached your desired temperature bake for another 5 minutes or until they are heated through
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: How to Reheat Crab Legs in the Oven
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook or bake - you're in the right place.
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!