The good news, although meringues are smooth and have unstable texture, they don’t require sophisticated storage.
- Place the meringue into an airtight jar and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- The best airtight jar is to use a mason container rather than a ceramic one.
- The ideal room temperature for storing meringues amounts to 73 °F or 23 °C.
- Another option is to freeze them. In fact, this serves as the best method to store meringues.
- To freeze, cool the meringue down to room temperature first. Once done, put them in an airtight container, preferably in a single layer arrangement, and then put them in the freezer.
- When it’s time to eat them, simply retrieve the container from the freezer and thaw them on the counter for several hours.