July 31, 2019
Black Bean Soup
This bean soup is so hearty it will fool you into thinking there’s meat in it. Don’t worry if you can’t find Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. You can make your own by just buying regular stews tomatoes and adding a small can of diced green chilies. Enjoy!
Black Bean Soup
So hearty, it will fool you into thinking there's meat in it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 2 15 oz. cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 15 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes (Mexcan-style)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 stalks green onions (chopped (optional))
- In a large pot over medium high, heat olive oil, add the onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute everything until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add in the black beans, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of the hot bean mixture into a blender and puree it. Then return the puree back to the pot.
- Continue cooking the soup while stirring occassionally, until heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- Using a soup laddle, spoon the soup into soup bowls. Garnish with 1 tbsp of sour cream and chopped green onions (optional). Enjoy!
Don’t worry if you can’t find Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. You can make your own by just buying regular stewed tomatoes and adding a small can of diced green chilies.
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter with recipes to your inbox!
let's be social
Tropical Conch Salad Recipe
Subway Tuna Salad Sandwich Copycat Recipe
Yogi Spice Tea Recipe
Fresh Spearmint Tea Recipe
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.
Copyright © 2020 Recipemarker.com | All Rights Reserved | Privacy | Terms | Contact