Black Bean Soup
This bean soup is so hearty it will fool you into thinking there’s meat in it. Don’t worry if you can’t find Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. You can make your own by just buying regular stews tomatoes and adding a small can of diced green chilies. Enjoy!Print
Black Bean Soup
So hearty, it will fool you into thinking there’s meat in it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 2 15 oz. cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 15 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes (Mexcan-style)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 stalks green onions (chopped (optional))
- In a large pot over medium high, heat olive oil, add the onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute everything until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add in the black beans, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir well and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of the hot bean mixture into a blender and puree it. Then return the puree back to the pot.
- Continue cooking the soup while stirring occassionally, until heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- Using a soup laddle, spoon the soup into soup bowls. Garnish with 1 tbsp of sour cream and chopped green onions (optional). Enjoy!
Don’t worry if you can’t find Mexican-style stewed tomatoes. You can make your own by just buying regular stewed tomatoes and adding a small can of diced green chilies.
Keywords: Black Bean Soup
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook or bake - you're in the right place.
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!