Kale Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe (updated 2023)
Kale Mixed Berry Smoothie Recipe
This Kale Mixed Berry Smoothie recipe is an apt morning detoxification drink!
Kale is an extremely nutritious low-calorie leafy green. Its high antioxidant content serves as a natural anti-depressant.
Additionally, being an excellent source of Vitamin K (precisely Vitamin K1) assists in blood clotting function.
That said, Kale leaves are texturally rough and taste somewhat bitter which averts people from consuming them.
Therefore, this “Kale Mixed Berry Smoothie recipe” is the easiest way to infuse this healthy leaf into the diet.
You can’t taste its bitterness as the sweetness of the berries overpowers the smoothie flavor deliciously.
Learn how to make this kale berry smoothie by following these steps.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 glasses 1x
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: drink
- 2 ounces fresh kale leaves
- 1.5 cups fresh/frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, & raspberries)
- 1 fresh/frozen banana
- 0.5 cup chilled apple juice
- 1.5 cups chilled coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (for garnishing)
- First, pour the apple juice and coconut water into the blender.
- Now, rinse the kale leaves, get rid of their tough stems, and chop roughly.
- Peel the banana and break it into pieces.
- Transfer the prepped kale leaves, banana, and frozen mixed berries into the blender.
- Next, blend until all the ingredients combine into a smoothie-like consistency.
Finally, pour into smoothie glasses and serve garnished with chia seeds!
- In case you have fresh berries at home, you may freeze them for a few hours before using them in the smoothie. Frozen berries can be stored in an air-tight jar in the freezer to last longer.
- A teaspoon of Moringa powder or Matcha green tea powder is a nutritious addition you can try in this smoothie recipe.
- Besides kale, baby spinach leaves can be added to the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 29.47g
- Sodium: 144mg
- Fat: 2.89g
- Saturated Fat: 0.538g
- Trans Fat: 0.007g
- Carbohydrates: 45.96g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Kale Berry Smoothie Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!