McDonald’s Hot Chocolate Recipe Copycat (Updated 2023)
McDonald’s Hot Chocolate Recipe (Copycat)
A copycat version of McDonald’s Hot Chocolate recipe to recreate the decadent chocolate beverage at home.
The secret ingredients are a combination of chocolate syrup and hot water to form a rich, silky texture that is sweet and piping hot.
Ghirardelli chocolate produces results that are closest to McDonald’s original although any dark chocolate can be substituted.
Learn how to make McDonald’s Hot Chocolate by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Hot Chocolate
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup water, boiling
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- Into a saucepan add the cocoa powder, dark chocolate, sugar, and milk.
- Place the saucepan on low heat and stir occasionally until the chocolate has gently melted.
- Remove the chocolate syrup from the stove and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the hot chocolate immediately, pour one tablespoon of chocolate syrup into a mug.
- Heat one cup of water until boiling then pour into the mug of chocolate syrup.
- Stir together to dissolve the chocolate then serve.
- (optional) Add whipped cream and chocolate syrup as desired
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 70.1g
- Sodium: 0.04g
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 86.7g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.01g
Keywords: McDonald’s Hot Chocolate Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.