Classic Hawaiian Spam Sandwich Recipe (updated 2023)
Classic Hawaiian Spam Sandwich Recipe
Try our classic Hawaiian spam sandwich recipe which has become a favorite for everyone.
The ultimate comfort food spam brings back childhood memories and is perfect for a meal in a hurry.
A marriage of moist spiced ham with a fried egg, and mayonnaise for extra richness is the ultimate indulgent treat. Top with cheese if you want to add a layer of oozing flavor!
Another classic combination with spam is the pineapple so why not try a slice in your next spam sandwich!
Learn how to make a spam sandwich by following these steps.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 slice spam
- 2 slice white bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- (optional) 1 sliced cheddar cheese
- Set a medium to saute pan on medium heat.
- Then add the slice of spam to the pan to sear, cook for 1 minute until the spam is browned and crisp.
- Flip the spam to brown the other side of the meat.
- Once well browned remove the spam from the pan and set aside, (optional) place the slice of cheese on top to melt.
- Place the saute pan back on the heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Crack the egg into the pan and fry until set, approximately 2 minutes.
- While the egg fries toast the white bread in a toaster for 2 minutes.
- Build the spam sandwich by spreading the mayonnaise generously between the slices of bread. Then top with crisp Spam, (optional) melted cheese, and the fried egg, close the sandwich, and enjoy whilst still warm.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 495
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 1.2g
- Fat: 38.9g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.2g
Keywords: spam sandwich recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.