Alkaline Smoothie Recipe (updated 2023)
Alkaline Smoothie Recipe
This alkaline smoothie recipe is a de-stressing drink to enjoy during a hot day!
The smoothie has a sweet punchy flavor with subtle nuttiness! The spinach leaves, banana, & strawberries bring in the naturally sweet flavor to the drink.
The lemon juice & coconut water adds their zingy punch while the chia seeds offer a nutty crunch.
Alkaline drinks are a fabulous solution to counter indigestion, acid reflux, or GERD.
This alkaline spinach smoothie recipe can be made anytime during the day.
Just remember due to the high pH level this smoothie isn’t suitable to drink after sunset!
- Prep Time: 7
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 glasses 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 7–8 frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeeze)
- 2–3 cups of chilled coconut water
- Firstly, rinse the spinach leaves, chop them roughly, and add to the blender.
- Now, slice the frozen banana and add it to the blender.
- Next, add in the frozen strawberries, chia seeds, lemon juice, & coconut water. Blend until all the ingredients combine well.
Lastly, pour the alkaline smoothie into glasses and serve topped with some chia seeds.
- Spinach leaves have a pH level of 5.1-5.7 while kale leaves contain 6-7.5 pH, making a good substitute!
- Banana has a 5.6 pH level. For a similar creamy texture, you can opt for mangoes that have a 5.8 pH level.
- Coconut water has a ph level of 5 to 5.4, and you can alternate it with non-dairy milk such as almond/coconut milk as they assist in neutralizing the berry.
- Besides chia seeds, you may also try other super seeds such as hemp seeds, sweet basil seeds, or flax seeds in this alkaline smoothie recipe.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 17.3g
- Sodium: 341mg
- Fat: 2.71g
- Saturated Fat: 0.807g
- Trans Fat: 0.008g
- Carbohydrates: 32.47
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: alkaline smoothie recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!