Chocolate Banana Milkshake Recipe (updated 2023)
Chocolate Banana Milkshake Recipe
Try our sweet chocolate banana milkshake recipe using the classic combination of chocolate and banana.
This Chocolate Banana Milkshake uses a few simple ingredients which you’ll likely already have at home, quickly whip them up into a delicious shake.
Perfect for a boost of energy at any time of day which is sweet, filling, and above all, guaranteed to be a family favorite.
The frozen banana both chills the milkshake and thickens at the same time, freezing beforehand also saves a lot of time.
If bananas are beginning to become too ripe, this is an ideal way of using up old bananas.
Simply pop them in the freezer then use them at a later date to create a delicious milkshake.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: milkshake
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: dessert
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Milk chocolate or White Chocolate bar (optional)
- Peel and slice a banana, then transfer it to a plate and freeze for 1 hour.
- Once the banana is frozen, place it in a blender with the cocoa powder, honey, milk, and vanilla ice cream.
- Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Serve the banana and chocolate milkshake, chilled in a glass alongside a healthy breakfast or as a midday snack.
- (optional) If you want to make it a little sweeter and add some crunch, break up some of your favorite chocolate bars into bits and sprinkle them into the shake.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 39.8g
- Sodium: 113mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 57.7g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 39g
Keywords: chocolate banana milkshake
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!