Dalgona Milk Tea Recipe (Updated 2023)
Dalgona Milk Tea Recipe
A Dalgona Milk Tea recipe inspired by the popularity of Dalgona coffee, a frothy whipped topping that sits on top of velvety smooth milk tea.
The name Dalgona comes from the likeness of the drink’s taste and appearance to the classic Korean Dalgona sweet which tastes of toffee and has a light sponge texture.
Learn how to make Dalgona Milk tea by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 2 black tea bags
- ½ cup water, boiling
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- ½ cup milk
- Into a cup add the black tea bags and pour over the boiling water, allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes then discard the tea bags.
- Place a saucepan on low heat then add the brown sugar and ½ cup of the black tea.
- Dissolve the brown sugar into the tea for 5 minutes until a thick, shiny sauce has formed then remove from the heat.
- Into a mixing bowl add the egg whites, whisk vigorously for 3 minutes until foaming.
- Once the egg whites begin to thicken gradually pour the brown sugar syrup into the mixing bowl, continue to whisk to create a foamy, caramel Dalgona mixture.
- Into a glass add the ice cubes then fill the glass by ¾ with milk, finish by topping the glass with the creamy Dalgona mixture and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 40.9g
- Sodium: 0.01g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.01g
Keywords: Dalgona Milk Tea Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.