Fresh Spearmint Tea Recipe (Updated 2023)
Fresh Spearmint Tea Recipe
Fresh spearmint leaves infused into a soothing herbal spearmint tea recipe has many benefits.
The herbal aroma and flavor are ideal to be enjoyed at any time of the day, to refresh in the morning, or soothe in the evening.
Full of antioxidants the bright green hue of the tea is an indicator of the health benefits of spearmint which includes its positive effect on digestion, improving memory, and lowering blood sugar.
Serve the tea with lemon for a citrus burst and honey as a natural sweetener, satisfying both hot or chilled as an iced tea.
Learn how to make spearmint tea with dried leaves by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: boiling
- Cuisine: drink
- 1 cup water
- 8 leaves spearmint
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
- Place a small saucepan on medium heat and add the water.
- Bring the water to the boil then remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the spearmint leaves to the boiling water and allow to infuse for 5 minutes, steep for longer for a stronger tea.
- Strain the spearmint tea into a glass and add the lemon slice, lemon juice and honey.
- Serve the tea hot or chilled with plenty of ice.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Sodium: 0.3g
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: spearmint tea recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.