Healthy Bitter Melon Juice Recipe (updated 2023)
Bitter Melon Juice Recipe
A bitter melon juice recipe packed with nutritional health benefits, also known as karela, bitter gourd, balsam pear, and bitter squash.
Bitter melon produces a sharp bitter flavor as the name suggests, in this recipe, we have balanced the bitterness with naturally sweet ingredients including apple and kiwi.
Learn how to make this bitter melon juice by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Juice
- Method: Juicer
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 1 medium bitter melon
- 1 apples
- 1 kiwis
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Wash the fruit thoroughly with cold water.
- Slice the bitter melon in half lengthways and scrape out the seeds using a spoon. Discard the seeds and roughly chop the flesh of the bitter melon.
- Roughly chop the apple, kiwi and cucumber, discard the apple seeds.
- Into a blender or juicer add the chopped bitter melon, apple, kiwi and cucumber.
- Blend until the bitter melon juice is smooth, taste and add honey if the juice is too bitter.
- Pour into a glass and serve the bitter melon juice chilled.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 32.5g
- Sodium: 0g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 51.4g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Bitter Melon Juice Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!