Oolong Milk Tea Recipe (updated 2023)
Oolong Milk Tea Recipe
The Oolong Milk Tea recipe’s main ingredient is oolong tea leaves which offer exciting and varied flavor profiles.
The complex flavor of the tea is balanced with the addition of sugar for sweetness and milk for creaminess.
Oolong boasts a range of health benefits including aiding digestion, increasing metabolism, and helping with clearer skin which makes it the perfect sipping drink for after a meal.
Oolong Milk Tea also works well transforming into bubble tea with the addition of tapioca pearls or boba, served chilled.
Learn how to make Oolong milk tea by following these steps.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: boil
- Cuisine: drink
- 2 tbsp Oolong tea leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- ice, to serve
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and add the water. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the oolong tea leaves and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to infuse, then add the sugar and milk to the saucepan.
- Bring the milk to a simmer then remove the saucepan from the heat. Pour the contents in the saucepan into a jug then refrigerate until cooled.
- Strain the jug and discard the oolong tea leaves.
- Into a tall glass add the ice and pour over the oolong milk tea.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 17.5g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
Keywords: oolong milk tea recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!