May 12, 2021
Taiwanese Milk Tea Recipe with Boba
Taiwanese Milk Tea Recipe
A Taiwanese Milk Tea recipe is distinctive in Taiwan as the birthplace of milk tea.
Known for the thick straws which are an indicator of the popular drink both in Taiwan and throughout the world, found especially as specialist Boba Tea Shops.
The recipe below is for the classic milk tea served simply although you can easily add tapioca pearls for a boba tea version.
Learn how to make Taiwanese Milk Tea by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 2 black tea bags
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 tbsp creamer
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Into a cup add the black tea bags then pour over the hot water, allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes.
- Take a cocktail shaker then add the creamer and half a cup of ice cubes.
- Discard the tea bags from the cup and stir in the cane sugar to dissolve.
- Next pour the warm tea into the cocktail shaker and cover with the lid.
- Shake the milk tea vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Then add the remaining ice cubes into a glass and pour in the smooth, aerated Taiwanese milk tea.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 0.4g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Taiwanese Milk Tea Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!