Taro Milk Tea Recipe: Easy & Sweet
Taro Milk Tea Recipe
You will definitely want to prepare this easy & sweet Taro Milk Tea Recipe!
The sweet & nutty flavor of taro root powder gives the tea an exclusive taste!
The floral tones of the fragrant Darjeeling black tea, mixed with the creamy half & half, and sugarcane sweetness makes this tea utterly irresistible.
Moreover, taro roots, also called eddo/dasheen, have incredible health benefits. They enhance immunity, blood circulation, vision, digestion, as well as are good for the heart.
Learn how to make taro milk tea by following these steps.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 1.25 cup of hot Darjeeling black tea
- 3 Tablespoons of taro powder
- 3 tablespoons of half & half
- 2 teaspoons raw cane sugar
- 4–5 ice cubes
- Begin by making some hot black tea. Add a teaspoon of dried Darjeeling black tea leaves to a cup, pour 1.25 cup of boiling on it, and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add the taro powder, half & half, and raw cane sugar in a shaker. Pour in the freshly brewed black tea and stir well.
- Finally, add the ice cubes, close the lid, and shake for a few seconds.
Serve in a glass and enjoy!
- This Taro Milk Tea Recipe can also be prepared with fresh taro and sweet potato. The peeled & cubed taro and sweet potato need to be boiled and chilled before using to make tea. It is a slightly time-consuming process.
- You can also blend canned sweet taro chunks with whole milk. Add brewed black tea, ice, and cooked black tapioca pearls for a yummy sip!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 17.63 g
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Fat: 0.65 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.38 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.67 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.44 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: Taro Milk Tea Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linda, as you can tell I'm a fan of cooking and baking.
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!