Tiger Milk Tea Recipe (Updated 2023)
Tiger Milk Tea Recipe
The Tiger Milk Tea recipe is named because of the stripes and colours which are formed on the glass when the drink is served.
Also known as Brown Sugar Milk Tea the brown sugar syrup makes up the tiger-like brown stripes and is made by simply simmering dark brown sugar and water until thickened.
The classic recipe does not in fact contain tea but resembles popular Taiwanese bubble tea and is often sold at the same tea shops.
If you’d like to include tea in the recipe then substitute half of the milk with strong black tea.
Learn how to make Tiger milk tea by following these steps.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: boil
- Cuisine: drink
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 oz tapioca pearls, quick-cooking
- 1 cup milk
- ice, to serve
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and add the water. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the tapioca pearls, stir to prevent the tapioca from sticking.
- Cook the tapioca pearls for 5 minutes then add the brown sugar to the saucepan. Stir to combine then cook for a further 5 minutes, until the syrup is dark and thickened.
- Pour the syruping pearls into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Then into a tall glass add the brown sugar syrup tapioca, tip the glass so that the syrup coats the sides. To the glass add ice then pour in the milk, stir with a straw to create the tiger effect.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 82.6g
- Sodium: 136mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 116.8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: tiger milk tea recipe, brown sugar milk tea
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!