May 12, 2021
Brown Sugar Milk Tea Recipe with Boba
Brown Sugar Milk Tea Recipe
The Brown Sugar Milk Tea recipe also known as Xing Fu Tang is an adaptation of the famous Taiwanese beverage.
Serve with boba tapioca pearls and a sweet brown sugar sauce for a refreshingly delicious treat that can be made at home.
This recipe makes enough brown sugar boba pearls for four teas then finishes with instructions for a single drink.
Learn how to make Brown Sugar Milk tea by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- 1 cup tapioca pearls
- ½ cup muscovado sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Place a saucepan of water on medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour the tapioca pearls into the saucepan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once the pearls are plump and cooked strain through a colander, then set aside.
- Place a saute pan on medium heat and add the muscovado sugar, cook for 2 minutes until the sugar becomes a dark paste.
- Then add the cooked tapioca pearls to the sugar, cook for 2 minutes to form a thick and shiny sauce.
- Transfer the sweet and sugar tapioca pearls to a bowl and allow to cool.
- To build the brown sugar milk tea, first add one tablespoon of the brown sugar tapioca pearls to a tall glass, tilt the glass to create a layer of brown sugar up the sides.
- Next add the ice cubes and top the glass with milk, swirl to combine the drink and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 21.6g
- Sodium: 0.03g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 54.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.01g
Keywords: Brown Sugar Milk Tea Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!