Hong Kong Milk Tea Recipe (updated 2023)
Hong Kong Milk Tea Recipe
A Hong Kong Milk tea recipe that brings the classic flavors of Hong Kong to your home.
A significant part of Hong Kong culture, the rich and creamy beverage is enjoyed regularly as a taste of home.
This recipe replicates the authentic flavors and appearance into a simple at-home recipe without the need for specialized equipment.
Learn how to make Hong Kong milk tea by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 3 tbsp Ceylon tea leaves blend
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp evaporated milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Into a saucepan add the blend of tea leaves and water.
- Place the saucepan on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes to develop a strong tea flavour.
- Into a cup add the evaporated milk then pour in the tea through a tea strainer.
- Stir in the brown sugar to taste and serve the Hong Kong style milk tea.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 25
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 0.02g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Hong Kong Milk Tea Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!