August 8, 2020
5 Best Ways to Reheat Your Leftover Burger!
Want to learn how to reheat a burger so that it’s still delicious and juicy? Stick around as we share 5 best methods.
Burgers are always a good idea for a great lunch or dinner. They’re a go-to food for many because of the rich, flavorful taste of the patty and tenderness of the bun. However, leftovers can easily lose its flavor due to many factors.
There are different methods to reheat a burger. From tossing it in a microwave, oven, or toaster, or manually disassembling the parts and heating on the stove, you can do a lot of things. In case you have leftovers sitting in your fridge, here’s a guide to reheat them properly.
How to Reheat Burgers
1. Reheat Burger Using Oven
The best way to reheat a burger is to use an oven. This is the easiest, most effective way of heating the bun and the patty without removing the flavor. Using the oven helps you to enjoy the burger as if it’s fresh off the grill.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the patty directly on the metal rack and place it over a baking pan. Doing so prevents the excess fat from dripping all over the oven.
- Heat the patty for approximately three minutes.
- Afterward, lay the bun on the rack, and then flip the patty to the other side.
- Heat for an additional two minutes, until the bun is golden brown.
- Add condiments and toppings of choice.
2. Reheat Burger Using Toaster Oven
If you don’t have an oven, you can use a toaster oven to heat the burger. This compact oven uses less energy but pretty much does the same job. The end result is similar to what a regular oven can do.
- Preheat oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If the patty isn’t frozen, it will heat up easily.
- Similar to the oven, make sure to place the patty on the metal rack then place a baking sheet underneath to catch fat drips.
- Heat the patty for three minutes.
- Turn the hamburger patty and heat for an additional two minutes.
- For a nice, toasty bun, add the buns to the toaster after the patty.
3. Reheat Burger Using Microwave
Using the microwave to reheat a burger isn’t a great choice, but it can be used if you have no available oven at home. The problem with the microwave is can make the buns soggy and the meat rubbery.
The trick is placing a glass with water inside the microwave to provide moisture for the patty and the bun. This trick works for pizza, chicken, and sandwiches.
- Find a microwave-safe plate and put the leftover hamburger on it.
- Use the reheat setting to warm the burger. This timer usually lasts for two to four minutes, depending on the microwave.
- Finally, turn the burger at the halfway point to heat evenly.
Note: Set the timer longer if the bun and patty feel cold. Frozen burgers also take longer to reheat: about 7 to 8 minutes under medium heat.
4. Reheat Burger Using Stove
With a stove, you can easily reheat your burger using a skillet. It’s almost the same as using the oven, but you need to use a little bit of water to steam.
- Disassemble the burger and turn the burner to medium-high heat.
- Add about three teaspoons of water to the pan. This is enough to keep the burger from drying out.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce for added flavor.
- Set the lid on top of the pan. Steam for about 5 minutes.
- Take out the patty and set its on a paper towel for one minute. This will remove the excess water.
- Set the buns in the pan and heat for about 2 minutes. Adding butter is optional.
- Rearrange the burger and add other fillings like veggies, sauces, and cheese.
5. Reheat Burger With Grill
Using the grill is another effective method to reheat a burger. For this method, you’ll need a grill and Worcestershire sauce.
- Set the grill to medium heat and arrange the patties above the grill.
- Heat up approximately 2 to 3 minutes before flipping to the other side.
- Remove the patties then place the buns on the grill for about 30 seconds, or until brown.
- Add other toppings then serve.
The grill is effective as it heats up the patty evenly. You only need to add a sauce for the flavor, and it’s good to go.
Reheating a burger is easy with an oven, stove, toaster oven, grill, or microwave. To get the desired texture and taste, make sure to follow the instruction mentioned above. Happy eating!
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter with recipes to your inbox!
let's be social
Foods That Start With the Letter O
List of Foods That Start With N
List of Foods That Start With M
List of Foods That Start With L
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.
Copyright © 2020 Recipemarker.com | All Rights Reserved | Privacy | Terms | Contact