7 Best Ways to Reheat Your Leftover Chicken Wings! (updated 2023)
Are you wondering how to reheat chicken wings to make them taste fresh again? Well, you are in the right place. This article lists various ways to reheat your chicken wings.
Learn how to reheat chicken wings properly. Check out the instructions you need to follow below. Continue reading to find out which method is best suited for you.
How To Reheat Chicken Wings
1. Reheat Chicken Wings Using Frying Pan
Try using a frying pan to reheat your wings. This is a simple method and just requires a few minutes to do, so it is ideal if you are short on time. Besides, it will bring a rich taste and tender consistency to your chicken wings. Pan-frying is also a fantastic way to get crispier skin.
- Remove the wings from the refrigerator. Set them aside for a few minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the frying pan over medium-low heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and put the wings in.
- Fry the wings for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway through.
- Remove the wings and serve.
2. Reheat Chicken Wings Using Oven
The oven is an excellent kitchen appliance to use to reheat chicken wings. It keeps the wings crispy and juicy. Also, it’s ideal for wings with sauce since it seals in the flavor and prevents the sauce from drying out.
- Allow 15–20 minutes for the wings to reach room temperature. Keeping them out for this amount of time before heating will let them cook more crisply.
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- When the oven is ready, place your wings on the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes. The number of wings will determine how long they will take to cook.
- Check the wings. Remove them from the oven when they are fully heated. Let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
3. Reheat Chicken Wings Using Toaster Oven
It is so easy to reheat chicken wings in a toaster oven. The wings will taste almost as delicious as the first time.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Cook the wings for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the wings have reached a temperature of 165° Fahrenheit or above, they are ready to eat.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
4. Reheat Chicken Wings Using the Microwave
Use a microwave if you are in a rush. It is the fastest method to reheat your chicken wings. When reheating bone-in wings or boneless wings, you can do so in 2 minutes or less by microwaving them.
- Prepare a microwave-safe dish and line it with paper towels. Put the wings on the plate and cover them with a damp towel. Alternatively, use a microwave-safe container with a lid.
- Place the wings in the microwave.
- Heat the wings for around 1 minute or until they are warm to the touch. Check the wings and add 30 seconds as needed until fully heated. Keep in mind that they will dry out if you overheat them.
- Take the wings out of the microwave and serve.
5. Reheat Chicken Wings Using the Microwave and Oven
Another way you can consider this is a combination of two appliances. Perhaps you prefer the oven’s effects but need the fast performance of the microwave?
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Place the wings on a tray in the same way you would in the microwave.
- Microwave the wings until they are fairly warm. It takes approximately 2 minutes. But, a 30-second burst works nicely if you don’t want to overcook them.
- Remove them from the microwave. Then, place them on a baking sheet in your preheated oven.
- Heat the wings for a minute on one side, then turn and cook for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy.
6. Reheat Chicken Wings Using a Grill
Do you want tender chicken wings? Why not heat them on the grill? This also gives them a nice charred layer.
- Place the wings on a tray.
- Grill for around 15 minutes over medium to low heat.
- Monitor the wings and flip them when one side of the skin begins to brown.
- Remove the wings from the grill.
- Allow cooling before serving.
7. Reheat Chicken Wings Using Air Fryer
Got an air fryer? This appliance is perfect for frying wings, and it also makes it easy to reheat chicken wings.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the wings in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd them, or they will not cook evenly.
- Heat for 7-10 minutes, or until the wings are crispy and warm.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve.
The Bottom Line
Chicken wings can be reheated in different ways. Remember how to do it properly so your leftover chicken wings keep their flavor and crispiness.Print
How to Reheat Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
This guide will show you how to reheat chicken wings in an air fryer for a healthier way to enjoy your favorite wings.
Air fryers are one of the newest models on the market today. They use air to cook your food instead of oil, making them a healthier alternative to typical fryers.
With an air fryer, you can enjoy all the delicious flavors of fried chicken wings without all the fat and grease that can come with it.
- Air Fryer
- Chicken Wings
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread aluminum foil in the air fryer basket.
- Put your chicken wings in the tray and spread them out evenly.
- Insert the tray into the air fryer for 6-8 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking time.
- Remove chicken wings from the air fryer and let them cool down for a minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: How to Reheat Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.