August 3, 2019
If you love the Orange Chicken you get at Panda Express, you’ll love this recipe. This dish is healthier than the fried stuff you get at your local Chinese takeout. When sautéing the chicken pieces, be sure not to overcrowd the pan and try to remove any excess liquid. If that happens, spoon out the excess liquid with a ladle or your meat won’t brown.
Sweet, savoury and tangy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- 4 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 15 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Pineapple rings and chopped parsley for garnish ((optional))
- Drain the crushed pineapples but reserve the juice for use later.
- Over medium heat, add butter to a large skillet, add chicken. Sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. If there’s too much liquid, your meat will not brown so remove excess if necessary.
- Add pineapple, sesame seeds, corn syrup, lemon/lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, and salt; mix well.
- Pour the reserved pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add just enough water to make it 2 cups of liquid. Then add in the cornstarch to create a slurry. Pour this over the chicken mixture.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring ocassionally, until sauce is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve over steamed jasmine rice and garnish with pineapple rings and parsley. Enjoy!
Keywords: pineapple sesame chicken
If there’s a recipe you would like me to share or remake please let me know!
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter with recipes to your inbox!
let's be social
Tropical Conch Salad Recipe
Subway Tuna Salad Sandwich Copycat Recipe
Yogi Spice Tea Recipe
Fresh Spearmint Tea Recipe
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.
Copyright © 2020 Recipemarker.com | All Rights Reserved | Privacy | Terms | Contact