Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe (updated 2023)
Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
This Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe is the apt choice post a workout session. It is refreshing and offers a much-needed energy surge!
It is a yummy take on regular protein shakes! Simply prepare the mocha syrup ahead of time and blend in the ingredients.
Learn how to make a Starbucks Chocolate smoothie by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Drinks
- ½ cup mocha syrup
- 1 banana
- ½ cup vanilla-flavored soy milk
- 1 scoop of chocolate-flavored protein powder
- ¾ cup ice cubes
For the Mocha Syrup
- ½ cup decaf coffee (strong brew)
- ½ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup cacao/cocoa powder
- First, prepare the mocha syrup by whisking the decaf coffee, sugar, salt, & cocoa powder in a bowl. Transfer the mix into a saucepan and stir continuously over medium-high flame for 8-10 minutes till it thickens. Then, remove into a cup and let cool.
- Now, pour the cooled mocha syrup into a blender.
- Next, add the banana (peeled and broken into pieces), soy milk, protein powder, & ice cubes. Blend well.
- Lastly, pour into a serving glass and enjoy!
- To make the smoothie caffeine-free & sugar-free, you can substitute the mocha syrup with 4-5 tablespoons of Greek yogurt, 1-2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, & 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Besides vanilla-flavored soy milk, you can also use regular milk or almond milk. For the vanilla flavor, add 1 tsp vanilla extract to the mocha syrup.
- For a thicker and creamier consistency, use a frozen banana instead of the fresh one.
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 996
- Sugar: 120.02g
- Sodium: 379mg
- Fat: 9.35g
- Saturated Fat: 4.479g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 165.22g
- Fiber: 19.1g
- Protein: 88.22g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!