Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Updated 2023)
Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Try this delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe. It’s very simple to make at home.
My husband loves blueberry muffins and he said these were the BEST he ever had. I don’t eat blueberry muffins often but this recipe tastes just like the store-bought ones if not better. The kicker, this recipe is SO easy!
Learn how to make Lemon Blueberry Muffins by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk (whole or 2% preferred)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsalted butter, melted
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon)
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Take 3 tbsp of the flour mixture and toss into a separate small bowl with the blueberries; coating them well.
- In a large bow, whisk the sour cream, egg, milk, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Add the flour mixture to this bowl; mix until just moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon heaping spoon fulls of batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a cooling rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
For mini muffins, use miniature muffin cups that hold just a spoonful of batter. They will bake in 10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 10.7 grams
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Fat: 8.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 3.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
Keywords: Lemon Blueberry Muffin Recipe
If there’s a recipe you would like me to share or remake please let me know!
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!