Grass Jelly Drink Recipe (updated 2023)
Grass Jelly Drink Recipe
Popular in Singapore and Malaysia our grass jelly drink recipe shows how to recreate this delicious beverage at home.
Also known as Cincau the drink is best served straight away with plenty of ice.
The first step is to create a pandan-infused sugar syrup then pour it over grass jelly and serve for ice cubes, enjoyed best as a refreshing drink on hot days.
Learn how to make this grass jelly drink by following these steps:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Tea
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Drinks
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup pandan leaves
- 1 oz grass jelly, finely chopped
- ice cubes, to serve
- Place a saucepan on the stove and add 1 cup caster sugar, 1 cup water, and 1 cup pandan leaves. Set the saucepan to high and bring the water to a boil forming a sugar syrup.
- Boil the sugar syrup for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes strain the sugar syrup and discard the pandan leaves, allowing the pandan syrup to cool.
- Place the finely chopped grass jelly into a glass then pour in 1 cup of sugar syrup.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes to chill then adjust the grass jelly drink with additional syrup or water to taste.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 0.03g
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: Grass Jelly Drink Recipe
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.