4 Best Ways to Reheat Naan (Updated 2023)
Cold naan may not taste as good as when freshly baked. Don’t worry. This article will show you how to reheat naan bread in several ways so you can savor it warm and flavorful again.
Naan is a tasty and popular Indian flatbread that goes well with almost every dish. You can eat it as an appetizer, a side dish, or even on its own.
How to Reheat Naan
1. Reheat Naan Using a Microwave
One of the easiest and fastest ways to reheat naan bread is to microwave it. Please note that the time will differ depending on what kind of microwave you use and its power capacity.
- Put the naan pieces on a microwave-safe tray, placing parchment paper between each naan to prevent sticking.
- Cover with another layer of parchment paper.
- Place the bread in the microwave.
- Heat for 30 seconds.
- Check if the naan is warm. Heat again for 15 seconds if desired.
- Take the bread out of the microwave and lightly cover it with a damp towel.
- Leave the bread to rest a bit for the heat to distribute evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
2. Reheat Naan Using an Oven
Another method you can consider is reheating your naan in an oven. But, you need to add a little moisture to keep it from getting dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet lightly.
- Arrange the naan bread on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some water on top of the bread.
- Heat on the middle rack for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the bread is warm, remove it from the oven.
- Add butter or oil to the bread for added flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
3. Reheat Naan on the Stovetop
If your leftover naan is not frozen, then you can use a pan to reheat naan on the stovetop. Keep a close watch on the process so you don’t burn the bread.
- Preheat your pan to high heat.
- Place one slice of naan in the pan for a few seconds.
- Flip it over and heat it for another 10 to 20 seconds.
- When the naan bread is warm, remove it from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
What Is Naan?
Naan is a leavened flatbread from India that is usually baked in a clay oven or tandoor. This bread can be found in many grocery stores and Indian restaurants. You can even make your own homemade naan.
Naan is commonly used to make a pizza crust you can fill with various toppings and sauces. Additionally, you can create burritos, wraps, sandwiches, and tacos, using naan bread. It can also serve as a side dish for soups and salads, or you can eat it plain with butter.
How to Properly Store Naan Bread
Learn how to store naan properly to ensure it lasts longer while retaining its original texture and flavor. Below are the two best methods for storing naan bread.
Fresh naan bread should be kept in an airtight container or plastic bag. You can keep your naan at room temperature as long as air cannot get to it. Naan will last for 3 days using this storage method.
You can store naan in the freezer for up to two months. Just keep the naan in an airtight plastic bag. To defrost the bread, allow it to thaw overnight in the plastic bag at room temperature. Before reheating it in an oven or on a pan over the stovetop, lightly coat the bread in butter or oil.
Fortunately, it is simple to reheat naan. Several reheating methods can make the naan deliciously soft and crisp without drying it out.
Depending on your available kitchen appliances, select from the above options: microwave, stovetop, or oven. All three methods are effective in warming up your bread.
Remember to read the instructions carefully for the best results. Also, do not forget to store your leftover naan properly to preserve them for later.Print
How to Reheat Naan in Air Fryer
A great way to reheat naan is by using an air fryer. An air fryer is quick and easy to use. The air convection allows it to reheat thoroughly and evenly giving you nice warm crispy bread.
Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread that is served with many dishes, but it can also be used to make pizza or grilled cheese.
Learn how to reheat naan in an air fryer by following these steps:
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Aluminum Foil
- Spread the naan on aluminum foil.
- Spray some cooking oil on the naan.
- Place the aluminum foil and naan bread in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-4 minutes.
- Take out the naan from the air fryer and allow it to cool for 1 minute.
- Enjoy your fresh hot naan!
Keywords: How to Reheat Naan in Air Fryer
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.