March 28, 2021
How to Boil Water in an Instant Pot
Instant pots are incredibly helpful and provide many advantages. This article concentrates on their boiling capabilities and how to boil water in an instant pot.
Continue reading to learn the essential information you need in order to benefit from this function.
The versatility of an instant pot makes it special. It has been recognized as one of the best modern kitchen innovations for cooking a variety of food, even simply boiling water.
Essentially, it performs the tasks of many other kitchen appliances and tools.
Can You Boil Water in an Instant Pot?
Yes, that is right. With an instant pot, you can easily and effectively boil water. In fact, you can use your instant pot as a substitute for a water kettle.
In normal cooking conditions, steam escapes into the air. However, steam gets stuck inside an instant pot which increases the pressure.
This is where the power of an instant pot comes out.
Since the steam can’t leave, pressure builds up inside, which super-heats the pot. This is why instant pots cook so quickly, and why you can use your instant pot to boil water.
How to Boil Water in an Instant Pot
- Fill the inner pot with a cup of water.
- Put the lid on top of the instant pot and lock the valve.
- Ensure the pot is on high pressure before selecting the cooking time. Water takes just 4-6 minutes on high to boil. You can set it by pressing the timer button before the indicator reads 5.
- Afterward, allow it to operate for 5 minutes.
- When the pot reaches pressure, it will begin counting down from 5 to 0 automatically.
- Your cooker will beep after 3 minutes, indicating that the water has boiled. Then it will automatically switch to the keep warm mode.
- If you want to, you can power off your instant pot by pressing the off button.
- Allow some time for your instant pot to release the pressure before removing the lid.
- Finally, take the lid off and carefully pour out the boiled water.
How Long Does an Instant Pot Take to Boil Water
Based on experience, boiling water in an instant pot requires about 4 to 8 minutes on average.
What Instant Pot Program to Use to Boil Water
As previously mentioned, an instant pot offers different preset programs useful for a range of dishes. These programs come in handy to cook food quickly.
When boiling water in an instant pot, you can use the sauté feature to boil water in the “traditional” way, or you can use the pressure cooking mode to boil it as discussed above.
How to Use the Sauté Function of an Instant Pot
- Press the Sauté control key on your device.
- Using the Adjust button, set the temperature to Normal, More, or Less.
- Then, allow the pot to reach Sauté temperature.
- Once the instant pot hits the desired operating temperature, the indicator changes to Hot, and you can begin.
- Add your water and allow it to boil. Note: Each Sauté cycle will last 30 minutes. You can stop it anytime by pressing the Cancel/Keep Warm button.
Two Basic Kinds of Boil
A full boil temperature is 212 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also called a real boil or a rolling boil. Once all the water in the pot has fast-flowing waves of bubbles, it is at a full boil. Using the pressure cooking mode will result in a full boil.
A slow boil temperature is 205 degrees Fahrenheit. When water bubbles around the surface without the intensity of a full boil, it is at a slow boil.
Big and slow-moving bubbles are also common. You will pass through a slow boil if you use the sauté function to boil your water.
The Bottom Line
By learning a few things about an instant pot, you can use the appliance to boil water. To properly do so, follow the steps provided above.
The instant pot is a multipurpose kitchen appliance that can handle several tasks. If you want to boil water to make a soup, cook pasta, or other recipes, you can do so with ease in your instant pot.
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi friend! Welcome to my site! I'm so happy you're here. I'm Linh and I live in Arizona. I am obsessed with all things food!