3 Best Ways to Reheat Quiche (Updated 2023)
Curious about how to reheat quiche? Stick around as we share some great methods for you to try. Cooking meals often means dealing with leftovers. Because you prepared the dish, you do not want your creation to go to waste. Besides, who would want to waste food, right?
Those who make quiche on a regular basis know they’re often left with tons left over. So what are the proper ways to store and reheat quiche? Read on.
First of all, quiche is a French tart typically made with eggs, cream custard, and bacon. It is usually prepared in large batches as you make it as a whole pie.
Moreover, it is generally eaten at room temperature. Because of these things, it is important to know how to properly reheat and store this delicious dish.
How to Reheat Quiche
If you have some leftover quiche, you might be wondering how to get it back to its best state for consumption.
As you’ve stored it in your fridge or freezer, you will need to reheat it before reaching the best temperature for quiche.
Here are 3 ways to do so:
Reheat Quiche Using an Oven
When making a quiche, you know that it is baked using the oven. This is why the best way to reheat it is to simply heat it up in the oven.
- To do this, simply take out your dish and let it sit as you pre-heat the oven.
- Then, heat for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep in mind that the time may vary depending on how slowly or quickly you achieve the desired temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you are worried about burning the crust, you can use a pie shield to cover it. You can also create a makeshift shield using foil.
Reheat Quiche Using a Microwave
If pre-heating the oven is too bothersome, you might want to use the microwave instead. You can do this by placing the portion you want to reheat on a microwave-safe plate.
- Then cook at 50% power for three minutes.
- Just like reheating with the oven, the time may vary, especially if you reheat a dish straight from the freezer.
- You might also want to use a shield to avoid burning the crust.
Reheat Quiche Using a Toaster
If you think that your toaster oven is only for making toast, then think again. You can also use it for reheating your quiche.
- To do this, set your toaster oven to 374 degrees F and simply place the dish inside.
- Let it cook for 14 to 15 minutes.
- With this method, you need to check the temperature from time to time using a kitchen thermometer.
In fact, it is smart to use a thermometer when using any of the three methods to make sure that the internal temperature has reached the ideal level.
Once you are done reheating, simply let your dish cool down until it reaches room temperature.
We will also share how to properly store it just in case you need to save it for later.
The Proper Way of Storing Quiche
Leave it to cool
As mentioned, quiche is commonly eaten at room temperature. Because of this, you will naturally leave it to cool before serving.
If you are planning on preserving the tart for future consumption, your instinct might be to immediately place it into your refrigerator.
However, keep in mind that heat produces condensation, which can make your dish soggy.
The best way to go is to let it cool down before placing it in the fridge. In fact, make sure that it is completely at room temperature to avoid any possibility of ruining the quality of your creation.
Cover it tightly
The next thing you should do is to cover it up tightly. You can do this using plastic cling wrap to ensure a maximum seal.
For good measure, add a layer of foil to reinforce the covering.
Again, keep in mind that the dish should not be hot precisely because you are going to cover it up, thus preventing heat from escaping and allowing condensation to form.
Place in the refrigerator or freezer
Once covered properly, you can now place your dish in the refrigerator. This is perfect if you are expecting to finish the dish in just a few meals.
However, if you think you will be consuming this batch over the span of a few days, then placing it in the freezer is the best way to go.
These storing and reheating tips can help you enjoy quiche in the best way possible without compromising the quality in terms of taste, texture, and temperature.
With these, you can make quiche anytime you want without any worries. Hope you enjoyed our tips on how to reheat quiche in your kitchen.Print
How to Reheat Quiche in Air Fryer
Want to learn how to reheat quiche in an air fryer quickly and easily? By following the instructions below you will achieve a wonderfully flaky exterior and evenly warm quiche on the inside.
In this method, you don’t need any oil spray. Additionally, the quiche holds its form without breaking apart after reheating.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Reheat
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Meal
- Aluminum foil
- Air Fryer
- Remove the leftover quiche from the fridge, cut it into serving-size slices, and leave it on the kitchen top.
- Meanwhile, set the air fryer at 300° F to preheat for 4-5 minutes.
- Line the basket with aluminum sheets and place the quiche slices. Then, put it in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 5-8 minutes as per quiche quantity.
To check if the quiche is re-heated perfectly you may slide in a knife/skewer and feel the metal to know if the inside is warm/hot. The outside should be crisp!
- When reheating frozen quiche, begin at 250° F and air fry for 4 minutes. Then, increase the temperature to 300° F and continue reheating for 4-8 minutes more.
- You can also reheat the whole quiche in the air fryer. Slicing it up helps the quiche heat more uniformly on the inside.
Keywords: How to Reheat Quiche in Air Fryer
you may also like
well hello there!
Hi, I'm Linda thanks for stopping by! We're so happy you're here. If you're a foodie and love to cook from home - you're in the right place..
Join the mailing list and receive our free newsletter!
let's be social
Recipe Marker provides you with the best information about home cooking tips, recipes, ingredient substitutes and more. Check out our blog to see the latest articles.